The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Aimee's Entry - I did it but...

Well, I did it. Last night, I highlighted my hair. The bad news is... Drew absolutely refused to agree to any colorful highlights - he said, "Absolutely not! Why the hell would you want to fuck with your hair like that? Have you lost your mind? If you wanna do something crazy put in some darker blonde streaks or something but no color." (gosh, he's so blah). So, sigh, I went ahead and went with the lighter blonde highlights. It looks okay, I suppose, but I wanted something with a bit more oomph. Oh well.

Gosh, Cameron's graduation on Friday was just SO adorible. They all looked so sweet in their little cap and gowns. They did this cute little skit, sang some songs and then their teacher handed out awards and diploma's. Cameron got the, "Math Whiz" award (which surprised us all). As soon as Drew e-mails me the pictures, I'll post one.

I didn't have to go back to work Friday after the graduation (the shop was closed because of the weather) so I just came home and chatted with Angie online (YAY) until it was time to get ready to go out. We met my mom and Robin at The Yucatan (Cameron's favorite Mexican restaurant) and after we ate, we headed to the movies. Cameron had a blast, he absolutely LOVED the movie. It was a really nice night.

Oh. My. God. Yesterday I was really wishing I had a digital camera. I had to drop Drew off at work and I took the Sawgrass back home because it's quicker and I swear once I got off and started heading south on Coral Ridge it looked like I was driving into hell. Literally. It was a bit after 1:00 PM and it looked dark as night in Coral Springs. Scary. I hate when it gets all dark and ugly like that.

Well, I spent the rest of the day with my momma. It's been forever since I've spent some time alone with her, it was cool. We went to Chili's for lunch and I ordered the yummiest mixed drink (I got carded, I never get carded anymore... it was fucking awesome!!!). I believe it was called a 'Caribbean Sunsplash' (Bicardi O, Grand Mariner, orange juice, mango juice and grenadine) and Lord, it was delicious. After lunch she took Cameron swimming and I headed home for a bit to spend a few with Drew and when I went back to pick up Cameron she did my hair for me. We had a blast.

Today was a LAZY day... I didn't do a fucking thing. Zip, zilch, zero. I slept until after 1 and after I managed to drag my tired ass downstairs, I just planted myself on the couch and proceeded to veg out. I know, I know... it's awful but heck, being awful felt awful good ;)

Well, that's it for my weekend. Boring, boring, boring.

Chat with y'all later!

Night.

3 Comments:

At Mon Jun 13, 02:24:00 AM, Blogger grave_creek said...

honey!!!! this is not good!! taking hair advice from your straight male husband is just WRONG!!!!!! what ever happened to woman's intuition???? is he by some sordid way afraid that youd look better,aka more beautiful??some males are like that...they tell themselves that theyre fine with their woman if theyre bland,cause then they dont have to worry bout losing her...but once she starts to look good ,he starts to be afraid that some other man would be interested in her!!! okay that was the stupid psychology of me!!lol!!

 
At Mon Jun 13, 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry he stomped on your hair coloring freedom. Part of me would say to do it anyway and let him then get used to it, but another part says it's probably something that would be not worthwhile to make a huge issue of between the two of you. Though I wish you could've gone all color wild (I redid my hair turquoise Saturday morning)

 
At Mon Jun 13, 03:34:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh Jason, I'd be on my way if I could. I bet we'd have SO much fun!! But, sigh, I can't get off work (slave drivers) :(

But, you're tempting me to be a bad girl... Hmm, being bad can be fun. So, maybe... What do you think of Burgandy?

g_c... Actually, both of your points have merit darling! And I believe that you're right on one count and wrong on the other... As to point #1, even though Drew is a straight male, he's actually rather good when it comes to hair (styles, colors, etc.) I think it's because he's an artist and he knows what's pleasing to the eye BUT point #2 was right on the money. He's a very possesive and unreasonably jealous man. It's annoying because no matter how many times the dratted man has pissed me off, I've always remained faithful. And for him to think that changing my look to make me happier would somehow make me want to go on the hunt is extremely insulting. Oh well, what am I going to do?

See Evan (who had an adventurous weekend... I'm so envious. Mine was such a bore!), I knew it was turquoise!! And although it pains me, I agree with you. As much as I want to do it (and still might), it's probably not worth the fight that will ensue.

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home