The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Aimee's Entry - It's still gloomy 'round here...

It's so blah outside. Cloudy and rainy. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Last night I read the predictions for the 2005 Hurricane Season and it didn't look pretty. If it's at all like last year, I'm seriously going to consider moving north (I could always go back to Kentucky but I figure Drew would probably die a slow and agonizing death, he's a city boy, ya know). That last hurricane (Jeanne) scared the bloody hell out of me, I think I was on the verge of crawling under the bed somewhere in the middle of that one. Ah well...



Well, all in all, it's been a pretty shitty week and I'm ready for it to be over and done with. The petty bullshit that happened the other day is still clawing at me but I talked it through with Angie yesterday and it helped a lot, as did all of you! Thank you SO much! I couldn't possibly put into words how much your lovin' helped me get past the hurt.

And here's something cute and cheerful... Cameron is graduating from pre-school tomorrow. They're having this little graduation ceremony in the morning and then after work we're taking him to see 'The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl' and then out to dinner. I can't believe he's going to be in kindergarten next year. Where the hell have all the years gone??? And God, I'm getting old.

Oh and I've decided that I hate the color of my hair. So, I'm going to fuck around with it.



^^^ See, the color is UGLY and just BLAH!!! Yes, I know, it's a hideous picture but well, what can I do? That's me. And before anyone starts talking about my "big-hair" (hee hee), it's not my fault that it's curly and crazy and has a mind of it's own. Plus, it's in a pony tail so it's supposed to be all weird and puffy like that. Anyhow, I bought this stuff to highlight it and Drew is going to play hairdresser this weekend. Fun Times.

Well, I'm going to run along now because I really don't have anything interesting to say, I'm just babbling.

OH - WAIT!! I almost forgot... there have been a couple people that have contacted me through our site e-mail and on IM asking if we've quit writing. And the answer is - No, we haven't BUT (there's always a but) I believe we're both having a bit of a dry spell at the moment. We started something together and when it got to the sex part we both kind of froze up. Sex is not our friend these days, it's decided it doesn't like us. So, ya know...

And hey, we'd like to give some love to the few peeps that have taken the time to leave some feedback. I was beginning to think that nobody really cared anymore because NO ONE ever signs that bloody guest book (except Tine and Sky) that I fought a war to put up. So, thanks, it means a lot!

And that's all for me folks. Night.

4 Comments:

At Thu Jun 09, 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I think Jason's right - get something drastic happening there. Even if it's completely jet black and straightened.

Then match up with some knee high boots, a short skirt and a boob tube - well, if I was a girl I'd so dress like that!

 
At Thu Jun 09, 10:51:00 PM, Blogger grave_creek said...

honey if theres one thing that ive learnt through my past experiences,its that your husband does NOT make a good hairdresser!!!!(yes i know im not married or have never been ,but ive been enough around to see the hair horrors of my fellow aunties and cousins!!) ohhh you know im thinking some deep rich reddish auburn colour!!!! red is SO the colour of the season ,believe me!! and with those sexy green eyes of yours youre sure to be receiving some very horny advances,if only from drew!!lol!!
ps: jay you know you are such a tranny in disguise!!!!and who the hell is your image counsellor?? paris hilton?? lol!!! just kidding love!!

 
At Fri Jun 10, 03:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New hair is great. I love changing colours.

There's a guestbook? I missed it...

And awesome on the little guy's graduation. The preschool ones are a hoot (we had Aeia's in April).

 
At Sat Jun 11, 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Castor,
You're welcome and thank you, what an absolutely lovely thing to say :)

Raph,
Thanks babe! Let's hope we're all back to being bouncy in no time!!

Oh gosh, the graduation was SO adorible. As soon as Drew e-mails me the pictures, I'll post one. Cameron looked so handsome in his cap and gown (awwww).

I'm not sure if hurricanes are like typhoons? And yeah, they can be fun but they can be a bit scary too, it depends on how big the sucker is and how fast the bloody wind is when it makes landfall. Hurricane Jeanne just about took our roof off and that would've sucked!

Jason,
I didn't laugh (seriously). Actually, when I first said I wanted to change my hair color I told Drew that I was going to dye it burgandy (all of it) and I took him to the store and showed him the color. It didn't go over well... He looked at me and said, "You're serious, aren't you?" I said, "Mmm Hmm." He shook his head and said, "What the hell is wrong with you?" So, he's not too keen on the color thing. But, I'm considering it.

Jay,
OMG, you always give me the giggles. Thank you!! Knee high boots, short skirt and a boob tube, huh?

I'm trying to picture it... Umm... eh, maybe.

I'm with you on the knee high boots (love 'em), the skirt is iffy (hate 'em) and well I'm a bit too top heavy to go for the boob tube but I suppose I could try to stuff them in.

Maybe...

g_c,
Oh, I love auburn!!! It's not far from the burgandy I was looking at (a little less drastic) but Drew has this fear that dark colored hair will make me look dead because I'm so pale. I don't think so but the stubborn man insists. I've decided that if I don't have it done professionally I'm going to let my mom do it instead of Drew because I have a feeling that she'll do a better job. I know I should just drag my ass into the salon (I do go in every 2 weeks for my nails) but I don't know? Awww, y'all are making me blush! Thank you (and Castor) for the lovely compliments about my eyes. You're both too sweet!

Evan,
I know you do ;) Didn't you switch to a teal color (or something like that) recently?

No, there's no guestbook here on our blog. When you said that I realized that I probably confused some people. Angie and I host a fanfiction website and the guestbook I was talking about is on there.

Thank you! It was a hoot and so frickin' cute! They got awards and did a skit and little diploma's... cute, cute, cute.

Oh, that's awesome!! Congrat's on Aeia's graduation :)

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home