The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy headed can't get a freaking break Aimee comin' at ya...

One more hour, you hear? Just one more bloody hour and I can go home, fall face down and cease to do anything for pity's sake, anything. I don't plan to move until tomorrow morning (although I realize that will never happen because I have responsibilities and all but it's a nice fantasy and I'm rolling with it for the moment).

Aimee just don't feel good today and I gotta tell you, it's been one miserabe day for me. Can you tell? I do believe this cold is trying to kill me. Seriously. I've gone from clammy to hot to cold and now I'm back to clammy. I told Angie earlier that I was having hot flashes (and I wasn't kidding). SIGH. And to top it off, I can't breathe, damnit.

Okay, enough of the whining. Sorry.

Angie told me today that she's off to help her brother move and she won't be back until Monday (*frown*). I'm going to miss her SO much. She keeps me sane, you know. And you know what her absence means? You got it, this cranky camper (me) is the only one left 'round here until Monday. But (if this cold doesn't take me out) I'll strive to be full of happiness and light as often as humanly possible (don't go holding your breath now, I'd hate to be responsible for any mishaps) -- no promises, but I'll try.

Well, I have exactly 7 weeks before I have to attend a formal dinner/dance in Miami. My step-father is getting his 40 year union pin and he wants the whole family there. And that means that I have to work extra hard to get to a weight where I feel comfortable wearing formal attire. My mom has this beautiful dress she wants me to wear and although I've lost 16 pounds on South Beach, I've got a ways to go before I feel comfortable in my skin. I make myself sound obese and I'm not but I'm certainly not thin either. It's time to get serious though. No more cheating for me.

Oh well, that's it. I'm down to 30 minutes and counting. Have a lovely night y'all.

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 30, 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is a big hug and kiss for you to have a better day with.
Love ya,

 
At Wed Aug 31, 12:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...aimée! i hope you get better soon!

have you tried washing your mouth out with listerine after you cough? while it's not a cure, it does help because mouthwash kills germs.

 
At Wed Aug 31, 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Evan,
Awww, I needed those!

Thank you, love.


Raph,
No, I haven't tried that but I'm getting desperate here so, I'll try anything.

Thank you :)

Love,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home