The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, September 02, 2005

Aimee -- Things that make you go, "Hmm"...

Dreams... a series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.

And up until recently, I rarely remembered my dreams. Sure, I'd get small snapshots of things that my subconscious mind mustered up while I was asleep but they were typically choppy and didn't make much sense. Now nightmares on the other hand, are a whole different story. Those have always been like crystal. I used to have them constantly and they'd haunt me but it's been a while since I've had a nightmare.

"Why," You ask, "are you boring us with your silly contemplation of dreams?"

Well, it'd be because I had one last night that was a perplexing cross between an absolutely lovely dream and a distressing nightmare. It was full of all kinds of contradictory sensations. It was soft, sweet, erotic, dark, dreary, daunting -- not all at the same time but it certainly worked it's way through an abundance of different emotions.

So, what am I supposed to make of that, huh? I'm not sure, all I know is that the bloody bitch woke me up at an ungodly hour and I had the hardest time getting back to sleep. Maybe I should just stop taking Nyquil before bed and suffer through this cold without medicinal aid.

Okay, enough with this contemplation over my erratically unstructured yet salaciously bizarre dream (LOL -- now how's that for an summarization?).

The parent/teacher conference went rather well this morning. Cameron's teacher seems like a nice lady and she appears to care about the trouble he's having adjusting to kindergarten. She said that he's an intelligent child but his issues with behavior interfere with his learning. She said that she has high expectations for Cameron because he's a very bright child and that if we worked together to get his behavioral problems under control he'd do really well. Now I need to work on figuring out what it is that's causing him to act out in school? So, that's my main priority for this weekend.

And the good Doc has ordered me to start a 3 day Z-pack (Zithromax) today to try and knock out this cold. I hate that stuff because it messes up my stomach something fierce but I sincerely hope it works because if it doesn't she's moving on to Augmentin and that's worse. Ouch.

And since I was discussing dreams...





What Your Dreams Mean...






Your dreams seem to show that you're very preoccupied with your fears and problems.

These bad dreams indicate that you need to spend more time on your issues during the day.

Overall, you are very content in your life.

Your dreams tend to reflect your insecurities.

Your dreams indicate that you have very conflicted feelings.

You have a very vivid imagination and a rich creative mind.






Have a lovely night!!!

2 Comments:

At Sat Sep 03, 03:08:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe Cameron's behavioural issues stem from being too much smarter than the other kids. That can cause problems.

Some of my best dreams have been the ones that mix good, bad and weird. You should tell us more.

 
At Sat Sep 03, 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

That could be Cameron's problem. My step-father suggested the same thing yesterday when I talked to him on the phone. My mom and I had a nice talk with him today and we're doing this whole chart thing with smiley faces and weekly rewards for a whole week of good behavior. We'll see how it works, he seemed excited about it (I think it was the rewards part - LOL).

Maybe I'll get into more detail, I don't know? It was a strange one.

Love,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home