The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Aimee's sleepy, sleepy, sleepy...

Well, I'm still sick and I still feel like hell -- my head is all stuffy and the bloody thing has moved into my chest (*cough*cough*) but strangely enough I'm having a fairly good day. Go figure.

I don't know why but I've got a song stuck in my head (Lose Control by Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott) and it just wont quit bouncing around in there. It's the strangest thing too because I've been listening to AOL radio all day and yet I still find myself singing the chorus to this damn song. Oh well, it's a good song so I suppose it's okay.

Whoo boy, just one more day and then it's a 3 day weekend. Yee Haw! I can not wait. I need a day (or 3) off BAD. I've been taking Nyquil so I can sleep at night and getting up the next morning is a bitch. I just don't want to do it. At all.

Drew dropped a good amount of money on some chopper-bike-thing-a-ma-jig yesterday and I was so agitated with him because he didn't even bring it home so Cameron and I could see it. He told me he left it at the tattoo shop so that he and Gabe (<~ he has one too) could ride them around the parking lot together tonight after work. Me thinks that wasn't very nice of him.

You know what I really wanna do right now? Take a nap. I swear, I'm itching to just lay down, close my eyes and tune out for a few hours but it's just not gonna happen. I still have way too much left to do today/tonight to even think about taking a nap -- 3 more hours of work, p/u Cameron from after care (and hope to heck that he was good today and I don't have to have another talk with the after care director), drop off his stuff at home, check the mail (there's never anything fun in there, BTW just bills, bills, bills), check the messages and return the ones I can't ignore (I never get any cool calls either - sigh), walk the dog, go grocery shopping (and I'd like to squeeze in a quick trip to Blockbuster while I'm out because I've been walking around with a gift certificate for a month but I don't think I'll have time), decide what the heck I'm going to do for dinner then do it, do the nightly bath and bed time rituals with Cameron, do some laundry, lay out Cameron's uniform and Drew's work clothes for the morning, get breakfast/lunch/snacks ready for Cameron for tomorrow, pay the phone and water bills online, feed, water and walk the dog again (and I think that's it or at least I hope it is). So, I'm thinking it'll be quite a while before me and my bed get reaquainted. Which is a pity, I tell you.

I did another one of those silly quizzes that I like to amuse myself with...


You Are a Mai Tai

You aren't a big drinker, but you'll drink if the atmosphere is festive.
And when you're drunk, watch out! You're easily carried away.



Hmm... I've never had a Mai Tai. Are they any good?

Okay campers, that's about it for today. I hope you all have a lovely night.

Aimee signing out.

3 Comments:

At Thu Sep 01, 09:21:00 PM, Blogger AJ said...

Mai Thai eh? Never had one but anything with alcohol is always good... Uh- unless its post party puke.

:o)

 
At Fri Sep 02, 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never had one either.

Hope you had a good, restful sleep. You deserve a break

 
At Fri Sep 02, 03:54:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

androjane,
Oh gosh, that last sentence brought a very icky image to mind. LOL. And I wouldn't say that anything with alcohol is good but there are definitely some yummy drinks. I have a thing for Midori Sours, they're fabulous. I drink them like koolaid and don't realize I'm getting drunk off my ass until well, I'm literally on my ass. I haven't done that in a while though.

Evan,
I'd offer to buy you one, love but I'm thinking that'd be slightly difficult.

And thank you *kiss*. I did get some rest before it was strangely interrupted.

Tom,
Ooooo, fruity, you say? I like fruity! I'll definitely have to try one!!

Awww, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home