The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Laziness is my middle name (no lie, it is).

After I convinced myself that it’d probably be a good idea to get out of bed (after one, mind you), and let me tell you, that took a lot of convincing because my bed was feeling awful comfy (and I was thinking that it might be a good idea to just stay there snuggled up under the blankets all day, but alas, I did not), I proceeded to sit around and do absolutely nothing. Seriously, I didn’t do a damn thing today. God, I am so lazy.

Oh wait, after my mom brought Cameron home, I did actually rouse myself enough to take him to lunch. Go me. Anyhow, I took him to Old El Paso because he likes that place (personally, I think it’s okay, but it wouldn’t have been my first choice), and halfway through lunch he looked at me and said, "They have Mexican food here." Sigh, isn’t he cute? I think so.

And then Christie came over to get some of her things from the garage, and while she was here she left her cell phone sitting on the ledge in front of my townhouse, and someone stole it. People are such assholes, and I feel so bad because she’s been in one of her very dark places lately (did I ever mention that she’s bipolar/manic depressive, and has been prescribed meds that she won’t take), and she didn’t need another kick right now.

It’s Saturday, and typically I’d go out with Drew, but I haven’t talked to him today, and when I talked to him yesterday, he said whatever, if I was still feeling sick, we’d go out next week or something, and that sounds like a good idea to me because honestly, I don’t feel like doing a damn thing.

Tomorrow, of course, I’ll pay for today’s laziness because now that the garage is cleaned out, I’m going to have to start helping my dad move some of his and papaws things in there. Oh, what fun.

Anyhow, that’s it, and I think I’m going to go back to doing more of that nothing I’ve been doing all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home