The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ugh,

I have a tummy ache and it’s making me feel so incredibly icky. I hate tummy aches, especially the ones that make you feel nauseous. I swear, I’d rather have my teeth pulled then deal with one of those. I need someone to kiss it better. Please? Sigh.

Tummy ache aside, today was a fairly good day. Work wasn’t too crazy, Cameron was positively pleasant this evening (well except for when he fell off his scooter and busted his knee–my poor baby) and House was on, what more could a girl ask for? Mind you, I avoided calling Drew about the Parkinson’s Walk-a-Thon because then we would’ve argued and that would’ve put a damper on my fairly good day. I’m saving that one for tomorrow.

And you know, arguing over it is just so silly, but yet we do every year. You see, we’ve been volunteering at the annual Walk-a-Thon for the Parkinson’s Foundation for years--Drew paints faces and I just stand around looking pretty while I hand him colors and paper towels and refill his water cup and rinse off his brushes, etc. (well, except for that one year they coerced me into a clown suit and let me tell you, that ain’t happening again, not in this lifetime anyway), but since Drew has serious issues with my step-father (as does quite a few people) and my step-father is the reason we got involved in this, Drew and I fight about it every year. Personally, I don’t see the need for fighting over it, you know? I mean, if painting little butterflies and flowers and just silly things on the faces of these people makes them smile then who cares that you have a problem with my step-father? Because honestly, you’re doing it for them, not him. There’s this one really sweet older woman who waits for us every year because she wants Drew to paint an angel on her cheek, and I don’t know why he’d want to begrudge her that pleasure just because he doesn’t like my step-father. If I could do it myself, I would, but I can’t so I just need him to agree to do it without giving me a bunch of grief over it. Oh well, like I said, I’ll deal with that one tomorrow.

And that’s it, it was an anticlimactic and oddly pleasant day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home