The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aimee -- Another (boring) weekend bites the dust...

Yawn, I'm so tired today and it's making me lazy. This laziness that's plaguing me isn't a good thing either because I have about a zillion things that I should be doing right now.

You know, we're not even in October yet and my darling child is already driving me to distraction about Halloween. He loves Halloween (I love it too, almost but not quite as much as Christmas) and I believe he's still a bit perturbed with me because we were in the middle of moving last October and all of my Halloween stuff was still packed up therefore I didn't get the chance to decorate. I've promised that I'll make the house nice and spooky this year but he's a bit antsy and I don't think he'll be fully convinced until I drag out all of the Halloween decorations. Last night, I tried explaining to him that it's too early to decorate but he's not entirely convinced.

Then there's the whole costume issue (why do they have to put those bloody things out so damn early, huh?), he saw a bunch when we were at the mall last night so now of course, he wants to get his but I'm making him wait until next month. Originally, he wanted to be Robin from Teen Titans but all of the Robin costumes are cheap looking and I don't like them at all but while we were browsing, I found an awesome Blue Power Ranger costume at the Disney Store and he liked it too so I think he's changed his mind. We'll see, he's the fickle sort.

And (much to my dismay) he's insisting that I dress up too, I don't wanna (frown), but (sigh) I probably will because I'm such a sucker for that child. It's okay though, because he's insisting that my mom dress up too (hee hee -- you should've seen her face when he told her he wants her to be Tinker Bell -- LOL).

Well, Saturday my mom and I went shopping for the supplies for the Halloween crafts we're going to start next weekend (we've decided that it would be productive to do different holiday crafts with Cameron). We're going to make pumpkin pails and as dorky as it sounds, I think they'll be so cute when they're done.

Oh well, that's it for me. I didn't really do any thing remotely exciting this weekend (as usual) -- story of my life.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely evening.

Night, night.

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 12, 01:12:00 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Tinker Bell Eh? That would certianly make for a very very interesting halloween....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home